If we were to survey 100 bloggers about their biggest blogging gripes, I’d guess that over 90% of them would mention “keeping up with all the blogs I read” as one of their top complaints.
While blog reading really is a personal decision and what works well for 1 person may not be ideal for the next, we’ve put together a list of 5 methods for you to try.
Five Ways to Manage your Blog Reading
- Use Different Follow Methods for Different ReasonsÂ If receiving a new post in your inbox is your preferred way to read, sign up via email subscription for your top blog Must Reads. Then, use your RSS reader or Blogger Dashboard to keep up with the rest.
- Subscribe to all the Blogs you Follow in the Same MethodÂ Some might prefer having everything in one place. Not having to jump around to 2 or 3 spots to get the latest posts may be easier for some to manage.
- For those Using a RSS Reader, Categorize the Blogs you FollowÂ One option is to group all the blogs you read into Always Read, Usually Read, and Sometimes Read categories. Another idea would be to categorize blogs by type (i.e. Food, Humor, Parenting, Life).
- Read off your Social Media StreamsÂ Let your Twitter stream or Facebook wall feed inspire your reading for the day.
- Read based on Comments left for YouÂ If you receive a fair amount of comments on your own blog posts, you may want to have your comments be your reading guide. After all, someone took the time to read and comment on your words.