The past few weeks, Liz and I have been keeping track of the interesting and educational articles we read every day. We’ve found that there’s so much great content, we wanted to begin to share it with you.
Every week, we’ll create a round-up of posts that we think are pertinent to online marketing and small businesses.
- Social Media Advertising is Set to Explode If you’ve resisted social media marketing and advertising so far, you may not want to do so for long. As proven here, the stage is set for huge growth. Traditionally, companies that start early with social media do better than their peers when this growth occurs.
- 5 Reasons Why Business Don’t Blog and Answers to Those Objections Our friend Ken at Inkling Media addresses some of the most common reasons businesses don’t blog. It’s a good read if you’re feeling like you SHOULD be blogging (and you should) but you don’t have the time or money to pay someone to do it for you.
- JC Penney’s Social Media Team is Probably on the Verge of a Nervous Breakdown Real social media management is more than just â€œposting some stuff to Facebookâ€. As this Buzzfeed article illustrates, JC Penney has faced some challenges lately. This is educational AND funny.
- Turkish Prime Minister Calls Twitter â€œA Menaceâ€ A few weeks ago, the Prime Minister of Turkey blamed social media for inciting violent riots in his country. For the first time, the world was able to watch an insurrection in real time on social media. This underpins what a huge impact social media can have, even on how government is run.
- 16 year old Brings Down Vine in Under an Hour In more proof that the next generation is exceptionally geared towards technology, a teenager hacked the new Android Vine platform in under an hour, uploaded a video and brought down the system. Important security message plus a Rick Astley video. What’s not to love?
Have you read any great social media or technology articles this week? If you’ve come across something you’d love to see featured in a weekly round up, shoot it to us at [email protected].