July 2013 is around the corner (though I’m not sure how that is possible). To round out this month, below are 5 recent articles that I found particularly awesome. These must reads all deal with social media, marketing or running your own business.
- 3 Ways to Say No to People Who Want to Pick Your BrainÂ If you’re a small business owner, you’ve undoubtedly been asked to meet for a brain-picking session, often in exchange for coffee. But the reality is, you don’t have the time and you shouldn’t be giving away your knowledge for free. Marie delivers 3 very reasonable, solid approaches to politely saying no.
- The Perfect Pinterest PinÂ As a marketer with a background in consumer behavior research, I both appreciate the user behavior and insights included in this article, and attest to the significane (and pay-off) you’ll receive if you cater to your audience.
- 14 of the Worst Typos We’ve Ever SeenÂ A funny collection of serious editing missteps, this photo list of billboards, magazines, commercials, newspapers and tweet mistakes is a great reminder to proofread…and then proofread again!
- Stop Making Excuses for PeopleÂ I selected this article because it touches on the importance of not over-selling ourselves while also sending the message that it’s OK to *not* accept behaviors and actions that, to us, are not appropriate. As an entrepreneur and business owner, you have to be extremely careful that the business partnership you’re heading into or the new associate you are considering hiring fit with your beliefs and business style.
- 7 Brands Getting Creative on VineÂ You gotta give kudos to those who figure out creative and effective ways to promote their brand message. And to do so as an early adopter and with a 6 second max? That’s some sheer marketing brilliance there.
Have you read any great social media, small business or technology articles this week? If you’ve come across something you’d love to see featured in a weekly round up, shoot it to us atÂ email@example.com.