- Study finds 90% of consumers back brands after social media interaction Many of our prospective and new clients are unsure what social media can do for them. A new study shows that as many as 90% of consumers will be more likely to advocate for a brand based on social media interactions.
- LinkedIn rolls out ability to act as your company LinkedIn is gradually rolling out the ability for companies to like and comment as their brand on their LinkedIn page. While this is definitely a new feature, it is somewhat limited. This only works when you are commenting on your own page, so you cannot interact with other users or companies as your page just yet.
- 10 ways Google+ will improve your SEO Many people and brands alike continue to scoff at the usefulness of Google+. While I have my own reasons for liking this platform for personal use, it is increasingly apparent that having a Google+ presence is good for your website and its SEO.
- 8 Ways to Avoid Small Business Burnout It can be tough to run a small business, especially as you get started. Taking time to rest can be important when growing your business. This allows you to bring renewed focus and energy to your initiatives. Here are eight ways to avoid burning out and keep your energy high.
- 6 Ways to Use Facebook Apps for Your Business Facebook can be a great way to grow your business. However, Facebook apps allow you to customize your presence and make your Facebook page even more useful to your audience. Including making reservations and increased customer service access, here are six ways to use Facebook apps to improve your Facebook business page.
Are there any articles you’ve read this week that you’d like to see featured? Let us know â€“ we’d love to read them and potentially include them in a future round up.