Two search engines up their games, while Twitter further proves the point that it’s the “go to” platform for breaking news, events and TV shows. Grab a bag of candy corn and a pumpkin spice latte, and catch up with this week’s Curated Awesome.
- Nielsen Starts Measuring Twitter TV RatingsÂ Guess how many tweets were sent discussing ‘Breaking Bad’ during the week of September 23rd? 1.2 MILLION.
- Why Google’s Hummingbird Algorithm is Perfect for Inbound MarketersÂ Google’s algorithm changes continue to favor regular people writing regular posts. If you’re write posts that answer common questions for your specific industry, then you’re awesomeness will continue to skyrocket.
- Time to Ramp Up your Pinterest SEO: Bing now Includes Pins in Image SearchesÂ Bing is now showing Pinterest pin images on the right side when you perform an image search. This further proves that you need to properly fill out your pin descriptions as well as board descriptions. Plus, you can strategically use this new Bing feature to your advantage in the way highlighted in this article.
- How to Make your Own Graphics with your iPhoneÂ Tips for making really beautiful images, plus a list of Â 5 “must have” graphic iPhone apps.
- Groupon: Good for You, Bad for your Yoga StudioÂ If you’re a small business considering a ‘daily deals’ type marketing push to (hopefully) grow your sales or customer base, read this. And proceed very carefully.