- Letting Go of the Everyday, Every Day To start your Friday, let’s all remember: the dishes will be there tomorrow and the next day. Let it go.
- I Impersonated a Woman on OKCupid This article did several things for me: it reminded me not to trust everything on the Internet at face value (because how easy is it to impersonate someone else?) and it reminded me that messaging is crucial. Many of the men highlighted in this article will never reach their goal of landing a woman because they do a terrible job speaking (i.e. crafting their message). Be sure that your message actually appeals to your target market or even a great product will go unsold.
- Google+ Shut Me Down for Impersonating Myself Speaking of impersonating someone online, Google+ has made their security so strict that our friend Ken got shut down for impersonatingâ€¦.himself. I’m a big fan of G+ but cannot imagine how much this must frustrate Ken. When are we going to find a balance when it comes to online security?
- Your Brain on Beer vs Coffee This post is great because it gives you instructions on when to drink coffee and when to drink beer in order to help you process information. While neither should be drunk to excess, each has its own specific ways in which it’s beneficial to your work process. Read it now, thank me later.
- Why the Title Matters More than the Talk This is a fascinating reminder that you are marketing to humans, not to Google. While having titles that are optimized for search is great, it’s not that helpful if no one clicks through to your site based on your title.
That’s it! If you’ve read anything great this week, send it our way and it may be featured in a future round up.