Happy Friday! Since Spring is (supposed to be) here, let’s talk a little bit about getting out into the world and seeing actual people. While an online presence is important, we can all benefit from in-person interactions as well.
- How to Succeed in Business without Becoming a Workaholic Succeeding in work is not the same as succeeding in life. To do both, you’re going to need a network. By that I don’t mean a whole bunch of connections who never actually listen to anything you have to say â€“ I mean a real network.
- The Psychological Effects of Entrepreneurship Being an entrepreneur is thrilling and stressful. Many successful entrepreneurs are starting to become more honest about the highs and lows they experience. Hopefully it will make things easier on all of those starting their businesses.
- 5 Marketing Tips to Learn from Lord of the Rings This title seemed a bit silly to me at first but after reading it, I found that they made some great points. Most important in my eyes? Quality over quantity. Or, as I tell my children frequently, it’s better to do it right than to do it fast. Which lesson is most important in your eyes?
- Rework Your Call to Action You should read this now. An incredibly quick read, it can change your entire mindset about calls to action.
- Why You Need to Put a Candy Dish on Your Desk I had a candy dish on my desk for years, mostly because I liked the people who sat near me and wanted them to be happy. That said, it did create a reason for people to stop by my desk. When they did this, I’d invariably get to chat with them and learn more about them. It’s a simple way to build a network.
Have a wonderful weekend! If you’ve read anything great this week, let us know and we’ll feature it in a future Curated Awesome.