A colleague and friend, Bob Turner, has podcasted for a number of years, and comes from a TV background (so he’s an absolute pro on camera and a mic!). He also has his own digital marketing firm, and is based in Cleveland, OH. He, Christina, Ronda and I originally met as members of Andrea Vahl and Phyllis Khare’s Social Media Manager School. After some IRL bonding at a couple Social Media Marketing Worlds, and Andrea and Phyllis’ inaugural SMMS Retreat, plus regular interaction online, Bob invited the 3 of us to join his podcast which is called, “Online Marketing Guys“.
Each of us joins him for 1 podcast a month, and we discuss various online marketing topics. Anything from social media, SEO, blogging, websites, email marketing, advertising…you get the drift.
Episode 53 was my first foray into podcasting. In this podcast, we talked about why you need to be using video in your marketing. The points we touched on were:
- The Facebook algorithm advantages to using video, both as Facebook Lives and direct uploaded video files.
- The value of YouTube in your video strategy, including the tremendous search benefits.
- Why video helps you to connect at a deeper level with your customers and potential customers.
- How to prepare for your videos, including many important Dos and Don’ts.
- The necessary quality of the video you post (hint: it doesn’t need to be professional!)
- How video can be repurposed in many ways.
Click PLAY at the top of this post to listen right now This episode is only 15 minutes long.