It’s never too late to get started on social media for your small business! As time goes by and social media platforms change, the social media profile build process evolves, too. Here’s what you need to know if you are creating a new Facebook Business Page in 2020.
How to Create your Facebook Business Page
- Begin by visiting https://www.facebook.com/pages/create. Next, choose your Page type. Are you a business or brand, or is this going to be a community Page or public figure Page? Facebook Business Pages have the same look and functionality, so choose whatever is closest to your organization.
- Once you’ve clicked on your desired Page type, you’ll be asked to choose your category and name your new Facebook Business Page. As you begin to type, Page categories will be auto-suggested to you. Your Page name is prominently displayed on your Page and is important for Facebook search. At this step, you’ll also be asked to enter an address and phone number, if they apply.
- On the next screens, you’ll upload your Facebook Page Profile photo, upload your Facebook Cover photo, and decide if you want to add an online booking feature. All of these can be skipped and added later.
- Welcome to your new Facebook Business Page! Now you have to finish adding contact information, About information, a call to action button, and set your custom Page URL. The blue Call to Action button is located beneath your Cover photo, on the right side. Click on Add a Button, and choose what call to action is the best fit for your small business.
- Next, visit the General tab located in the left sidebar. Here you can adjust settings for Page features like: the ability for others to post to your Page, setting a profanity filter, allow for private messages to your Business Page, and more.
- Lastly, make sure to visit the Templates tab on the left sidebar to change your new Facebook Page’s template, or rearrange or turn off the tabs on your Page.
Once you get everything filled out like you want, your new Facebook Business Page is ready for prime time! You can begin posting content, invite your friends to like your Page, and run Facebook ads.
*Post updated: 4.20