Are you ready to get serious about the Facebook presence for your small business, but instead of needing to create a brand new optimized Facebook Business Page for your small business, you have more than 1 Facebook Business Page that you’d like to combine?
It could be because a former employee created a Business Page years ago and then left (and you forgot you had it until now). It could be because you wanted to change the name of your Business Page and you thought you needed a whole new one instead of changing the name of the one you had. It also could be because you were late to the Facebook party, and over the years, customers created a Facebook Place listing with their check-ins at your local business, and you now want to pull that in to your main Facebook Business Page.
The good news is that you have the ability to merge Facebook Pages (or Place listings) into one!
How to Merge 2 Facebook Business Pages
In order to begin the process of merging two Facebook Business Pages, you first need to be an Admin of both Pages you want to merge. If the Page or Place you want to merge into your main Facebook Business Page isn’t currently under your control, you’ll have to first claim that listing as yours.
Claim your Unclaimed Facebook Business Presence
Begin the process of claiming your Business Page by either clicking on the “Is this your Business?” link in grey, or by clicking on the box with the 3 dots on the right side of the cover photo, and then choosing “Is this your Business?” from the drop down menu.
Steps to Merge 2 Facebook Pages
Once you have Admin control of the 2 Business Pages involved in the merge, you can begin the process.
- Visit the Page you want to merge into your main Facebook Business Page, and click on Settings. Scroll all the way down to the Merge Duplicate Pages tab. Click Edit. You’ll be asked to re-enter your password to continue.
- Now you’ll be asked to complete the Page Merge request form. Do read through all the bullet points listed about how the merge works and what is required before proceeding. If you recently became an Admin of one of the Business Pages, there is a waiting period before the merge can be completed.
- If/when you are allowed to merge your 2 Facebook Business Pages, you will be shown what Business Page will remain and what Page/Place will be merged into the “main” Facebook Business Page. Then simply click to submit and wait until the merge is complete.
Once your merge is complete, you’ll be all set! Your second Business Page will no longer be found in search.
Having trouble merging Pages?
If you are running into trouble merging your 2 Facebook Business Pages, it’s likely because Facebook is giving you an error that says your 2 Pages aren’t enough alike to complete the merge. If this is happening, check these items:
- Do you have the same Page name on both Pages?
- Do your cover photos and profile photos match?
- Do you have the same URL, contact information, etc., on both Pages?
Once the Facebook Pages you want to merge are similar enough for Facebook’s liking, you will be allowed to submit the merge request.
I have 2 facebook accounts I am trying to merge. When I get to settings, I don’t see Merge Duplicate Pages Tab. Please help
Merge is located second to the bottom of that list. If you are not a full Admin of a Page, you will not have the ability to merge (thus not being offered that option in the list). Hope that helps. Thanks!
Hi. I have 2 pages with slightly different names for the same business. To be able to merge pages first I have to make the page names exactly same but FB doesn’t allow me to do that. Thanks
Have you started by making everything else the same? The cover photo and profile photo, URL, About, etc? If so, when you try to change the name, what is the exact error code you get? Is there an option to submit for appeal?