The challenge of blogging for your business might not be understanding the benefits of a business blog nor finding the time to do it. YourÂ hesitationÂ to get started might come down to generating ideas for content for your business blog.
Our article that lists 19 blog post ideasÂ mainly covers different types ofÂ blog post styles and formats. Below is a list of 5 business blog post content ideas.
How to Find Business Blog Post Ideas
- Industry newsÂ It doesn’t matter what your business is, there will always be industry news to report or to give your spin on. Subscribe to the feeds of your favorite reads so you can be sure to stay on top of what’s happening.
- Product or service updatesÂ Your business is constantly evolving. Maybe you have a new product line being released, new service to announce or upcoming special to promote. Some of your business blog posts can, in fact, be about you and your business.
- Frequently Asked QuestionsÂ Your incoming emails may provide some inspiration for blog posts. What 10 or so questions do you find yourself answering over and over? Turn those answers into blog posts, with the added benefit of you being able to point customers to that post the next time that question is asked.
- Product (or Service) ComparisonÂ Let’s say you sell and install home theater systems. Your customers might want to know what the best streaming player is or whether to choose a plasma TV over a LCD TV. Use your blog to spell out the benefits of and differences in each.
- Solutions to their ProblemsÂ One great way to approach your business blog post ideas is to think about questions your customers might sit down and type into a Google search bar. Since each new blog post is another opportunity for a new customer to find you and another opportunity to rank on that keyword phrase, taking the approach of solving your customers’ problems is a great way to potentially win new business. As an example, a couple of these post titles might be, Â “The best way to…” or “How to fix a…”.
Using these 5 concepts to generate a list of possible blog post topics may very well give you enough ideas to populate your blog for 6-12 months. And often what you’ll find is the mere activity of brainstorming this initial list will lead to even more blog post topic ideas.
Then at that point, your biggest challenge won’t be content; it will be finding time to write.