Recently, we were interviewed as part of a weekly podcast series. I was shocked when throughout the interview, all of our answers seemed to come back to one common theme.
First, we were asked how we got into social media.While we both noted that we’d been on various platforms for awhile, we noted we didn’t really get active on them until we were blogging. Having regular content promote helped us learn how to use social media to build our audience.
While I’ve said it before, it bears repeating: blogging is the best thing you can do for your online marketing. Blogging gives you an opportunity to:
– Show your expertise
– Generate new content to bring people to your website
– Improve your SEO
– Have regular content to promote on social media and in newsletters
– Answer frequently asked questions
– Develop a custom audience
– Provide opportunity for social sharing, viral or otherwise
– Create opportunities for education and to gain trust
All of the activities above are ways for you to start attracting and converting sales before you even speak to a potential clients. In short, business blogging allows you to start generating leads. It is worth the effort – even one post every other week can make a big impact on your business.
Plus, it can be a lot of fun to figure out how to make your blog not boring. What’s more fun than brainstorming?