Have you recently purchased your own domain?
Created a new, branded email account?
Changed your Twitter handle to match your blog’s name?
Created a vanity URL for your Facebook fan page?
Gone through a redesign?
Making significant improvements to your website and social media accounts are changes that will pay off big for you and your brand in the long term. But too often we forget about the many buttons and settings that include those images and URLs, leaving us in dire need of profile updates.
Below is a check list of 13 possible places you have probably added or linked your blog’s URL, blog imagery or social media profiles.
Profile Update Checklist
1. Email signature (Blog URL and social media profiles)
2. Gravatar (Email account and imagery)
3. Social Media icons/buttons (RSS, Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, etc)
4. Shareable blog button (Imagery and URL)
5. About/Contact/Advertising page(s) (Email, Twitter, Facebook)
6. Media Kit (URL, email, imagery, social media accounts)
7. Blog communities/Forums (URL, social media accounts, imagery)
8. Social Media profiles (i.e. Your URL in your Twitter profile, URLs included in the Website section of your Facebook fan page)
9. Business cards (Imagery, URL, social media accounts, email)
10. Share button settings (Social media accounts)
11. Website commenting systems/Comment Reply plugins (Email)
12. Email feed (Imagery, if used)
13. Favicon (Imagery)
What are some other places you have your information listed or linked? Does this list remind you to double-check a couple of your accounts or buttons?
This is a great checklist. I’m going to work through it today.
Great list, I think I’ve got most covered, but will check on the ones I haven’t!
Your blog entries always inspire me to step it up!
What a great checklist, I need to read through it ten times and make sure I’ve got it all.
The gravatar thing was tripping me up for a while! I would think I’d finished changing it, then wind up commenting somewhere and poof! My old photo would show up.