These days, most of us are plagued by the dreaded “b” word. For the uninitiated, I mean busy. I hate that word – especially on the days it happens to be true.
The cult of busy is not one I enjoy belonging to.
During those busy times there are still, unfortunately, marketing tasks that need to be accomplished in order to keep you busy in lighter times.
- Write a blog post
- Schedule Facebook updates for the week (curating relevant content and creating an editorial calendar will take longer but the actual scheduling you may be able to knock out quickly)
- Google yourself and your business to see if there is anything you need to know
- Revamp your bios and about page to include recent changes and accomplishments
- Update your physical location in directory listings if you’ve relocated
- Review your service offerings and add additional items you’ve realized people are looking for
- Add pictures of the latest project you’ve worked on to your photo gallery (these also make great blog post content)
- Schedule promotional tweets for the week using a service like Buffer
- Backup your files to a service like Dropbox
- Change the passwords on your accounts to increase security
- Update your LinkedIn profile
- Research hashtags to see which might be best for your business this season
Or, on those days you really need it, you could use 20 minutes to do some relaxing stretches and catch some extra Z’s. Sleep is important for small business owners, too.